Friday, June 12, 2009

The Mendut Temple and Its Interesting Legend_2

The Legend of Roro Mendut_2.

Dear readers, this post constitutes the continuation of previous article that you can find at the link below:

http://semarang-online.blogspot.com/2009/06/mendut-temple-and-its-interesting.html

One night, when Roro Mendut was in her room, someone was suddenly outside her room. He whispered some words to Roro Mendut. And he called himself as Pronocitro. However, Roro Mendut felt curious about this guy, as his voice was similar with her husband’s voice, Prince Kumada.

Roro Mendut : “Hi, guy, is that you, Prince Kumada, my husband?”

Prince Kumada: “Yes. That’s me. Are you alright?”

Roro Mendut : “I’m alright. Oh, my Goodness, where have you been so far?”

Prince Kumada: “It is too long to tell, my wife. We better escape from here this time!”

Roro Mendut : “Sure. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time. Let’s get out of here, my husband. I can’t wait any longer.”

Roro Mendut and Prince Kumada then ran away. They tried to escape from Regent Wiroguno’s area. But unfortunately, Wiroguno’s guards were already surrounded them. Roro Mendut and Prince Kumada were got caught, then to be delivered to Regent Wiroguno.

Wiroguno : “You will never be able to secede from me, Roro Mendut! Please, give up!”

Roro Mendut : “No, Sir. I’ll never give up. It’s better to die for me than become your wife. I and my husband can not be separated forever”.

Prince Kumada: “Don’t be arrogant, Wiroguno. Don’t try to take my wife away from me. I will keep alive our love with my blood and my soul!”

Hearing of Kumada’s words, Wiroguno then became angry. He suddenly pulled out his Keris and quickly pricked Prince Kumada’s chest. Prince Kumada was feinted. Fresh blood flowed out from his body, when finally he was died.

Knowing that her husband was died, Roro Mendut quickly grabbed Wiroguno’s Keris from her husband's chest. Suddenly, she pricked her stomach herself with the Keris. Finally, Roro Mendut was dead too.

2 comments:

Oleg said...

Hello! Your posts and your blog are very good! But how about to have some profit just for writing reviews in your blog? I personally invite you to linkfromblog.com - the place where you can find a lot of good opportunities of earning money without paying any commission. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

nice post, buddy.